Website URL : http://www.nypa.gov.uk/index.aspx?articleid=2660
Community Confidence Board
The Community Confidence Board is the successor Board to the Community Engagement Forum; details for the Community Engagement Forum can be found on the left hand menu.
- In pursuit of the Authority's statutory duties, to have arrangements for consultation under s.96 Police Act 1996, in association with NYP, to develop strategies for, and monitor the effectiveness of, appropriate, multi-agency based community engagement mechanisms to ensure that the continuous improvement/planning process is driven by community intelligence and in particular to ensure that
- The police service has coherent and comprehensive consultation and communications strategies in place
- The police service has effective consultation and engagement mechanisms tailored to meet different community interests
- The views of all elements of the community inform Authority and Force decision making
- The police service contributes towards greater social cohesion, particularly the delivery of the Prevent Strategy
- Communities feel more confident in the Force and empowered to influence the way in which the service is delivered
- Develop and monitor the effectiveness of strategies to make the service more accountable to local people and their community leaders
- Ensure all diverse communities within the NYPA area are consulted and their views captured and analysed (see corresponding powers of PSB and PPB to ensure equality and diversity issues are accommodated within governance activity.)
- Develop and monitor the effectiveness of Authority and NYP involvement in partnerships.
- Develop and monitor performance against partnership agreements for each significant partnership in which the service is involved.
- Develop, within the force area, multi-agency approaches to public service delivery, including where appropriate collaboration in the delivery of services (note – only PPB may approve business cases and strategic implications for collaborative activity amongst partner agencies and, via the Regional Joint Committee, for collaboration amongst regional forces/authorities)
- Oversee the delivery of those elements of the corporate strategic framework, particularly Safer Neighbourhoods/Citizen Focus, which relate to quality of service and customer and stakeholder satisfaction.
- Develop and deliver, in association with NYP, strategies to enhance trust and confidence in NYPA and NYP
- Monitor performance against the North Yorkshire Police's -
- Oversee and monitor the Force's activities relating to the single 'police and councils' confidence target' including oversight, monitoring and influencing public surveys.
- Support the work of councils' overview and scrutiny committees, crime and disorder reduction partnerships and York & North Yorkshire Safer Communities Forum.
- Appoint members to:
- Councils' crime and disorder overview and scrutiny committees
- Crime and disorder reduction partnerships
- The York and North Yorkshire Safer Communities Forum
All members are appointed to the Community Confidence Board; their details can be found through
Dates for the Community Confidence Board and details for the previous Community Engagement Forum: