Website URL : http://www.nypa.gov.uk/index.aspx?articleid=746
You are here:
Policy and Planning Board
Policy and Planning Board
The Policy and Planning Board has been given delegated power by the Full Authority to carry out the following:
- To agree and annually review, in association with the Chief Constable, a vision and periodic strategic objectives, driven by community intelligence, for the delivery of policing to the communities of North Yorkshire and York.
- In collaboration, as appropriate with the Chief Constable, to develop and review the statutory strategic plans of the Authority to deliver the vision and strategic objectives in place at any one time and to recommend those plans annually (where appropriate) to the Authority for adoption.
- In collaboration, as appropriate with the Chief Constable through those plans, to set robust and challenging performance targets for local and national objectives based on rolling strategic risk assessments.
- To prepare and recommend to the Authority an annual budget for the delivery of the Local Policing Plan in the forthcoming year.
- Advised as appropriate by the Chief Constable, and in support of the 3 year rolling Strategic Plan, to prepare and maintain a suite of operational and organisational support strategies and a Corporate Business Plan to deliver the strategic framework over the period of the Strategic Plan.
- Advised by the Chief Finance Officer, to prepare and maintain a Medium Term Financial Plan outlining the anticipated financial impact of the Corporate Business Development Plan and the resourcing plans of the Authority to deliver the 3 year strategy.
- Informed by the following to carry out quarterly assessments of the achievement of the organisational outcomes set out in the above strategic framework, to review the effectiveness and continued relevance of that framework and to make amendments to it, or parts of it, as necessary:
o the Chief Constable's quarterly Corporate Health Assessments,
o environmental scanning activities and
o other parts of the Authority's governance activities and particularly community feedback generated by the Engagement Strategy,
- To approve new or amended police service policies and practices, for which the approval of the Authority is necessary, or desired.
- In accordance with the Financial Regulations of the Authority, to give approval to any expenditure requiring the approval of the Authority.
Membership of the Policy and Planning Board is as follows:
Meeting dates, agendas and reports can be found through the following links: